Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Re: DS killer

Post by Tendaberry »

matthias wrote:
ChrBea wrote:
matthias wrote:And he is listening through TIDAL (as I do)Matt
I prefer Qobuz Sublime+ (Hi-Res). I still buy albums in hi-res, but being able to stream in hi-res is a nice feature.
Do Qobuz offer streaming of ECM records in Redbook quality without buying the downloads?

Matt
No. I believe it's company policy for ECM, not to allow streaming because of the poor revenues generated.
Last edited by Tendaberry on 2017-06-22 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
ChrBea

Post by ChrBea »

quick search on ECM label gives me 1000+ albums. Just tried "Last Dance" by Keith Jarrett & Charlie Haden and it streamed in 24bits 96kHz. No need to buy anything with Sublime+ subscription.
As for the standard of all their ECM records, I can't tell you for sure what they have. But their support usually answers very fast, so you might be able to get all the answers you need
LP12 Kore-KRad-Majik Tonearm-Slipsik 8 & KDS/3 > Sagatun & Tundra Monos 3 > A242
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

ChrBea wrote:quick search on ECM label gives me 1000+ albums. Just tried "Last Dance" by Keith Jarrett & Charlie Haden and it streamed in 24bits 96kHz. No need to buy anything with Sublime+ subscription.
Thanks,
if it is right that you get streamed ECM albums in Redbook or HighRes without buying them then Sublime+ integration into Lejonklou streamer would be very desirable.

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

ChrBea wrote:quick search on ECM label gives me 1000+ albums. Just tried "Last Dance" by Keith Jarrett & Charlie Haden and it streamed in 24bits 96kHz. No need to buy anything with Sublime+ subscription.
As for the standard of all their ECM records, I can't tell you for sure what they have. But their support usually answers very fast, so you might be able to get all the answers you need
Strange, I cannot stream that one. The songs are all crossed out. I'm accessing it through the Sonos interface, but that shouldn't be different. I also have Sublime+ It doesn't work through the Qobuz app on my iPhone either, it just says "not available" for every song. It doesn't work through Kazoo either.
Maybe somebody else can verify this, please?
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

AFAIK, streaming of complete titles of ECM music through Qobuz is possible only after buying and downloading the file.
Short clips of 30 seconds might be possible.
Please be happy to disclaim if I am not right.
Sorry for being OT.

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
KeithDonlon

Post by KeithDonlon »

Tendaberry wrote:
Strange, I cannot stream that one. The songs are all crossed out. I'm accessing it through the Sonos interface, but that shouldn't be different. I also have Sublime+ It doesn't work through the Qobuz app on my iPhone either, it just says "not available" for every song. It doesn't work through Kazoo either.
Maybe somebody else can verify this, please?
I'm also unable to stream those songs as they're being shown not available for me. How are some people able to stream them without buying?
Sopper
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Sopper »

I can see and stream this album with Kazoo (Qobuz sublime; not plus, so not in HR)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KÄLLA > Sagatun Mono 1.7 > Tundra Mono 3.0 > Graham LS8/1F
Cables: Trivium Audio Cables
Sopper
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Sopper »

Just subscribed to Sublime+ and can stream this album in HR, see screenshot.
matthias wrote:AFAIK, streaming of complete titles of ECM music through Qobuz is possible only after buying and downloading the file.
Short clips of 30 seconds might be possible.
Please be happy to disclaim if I am not right.
Sorry for being OT.

Matt
So this ain’t the case
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KÄLLA > Sagatun Mono 1.7 > Tundra Mono 3.0 > Graham LS8/1F
Cables: Trivium Audio Cables