Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

My hifi evolution and building a system around Lejonklou

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Hello everyone.
I've been waiting to update you all on my findings since upgrading the Lejonklou Sagatun from stereo to the monos, but it's been really tricky and there's a few reasons. Firstly I must say a huge thank you to Chris Fuller for his wise words and help, and to Fredrik Lejonklou. Without him I honestly don't think I'd have had this performance from a home music system, certainly not without spending obscene amounts of money anyway, and even then I'm not sure I'd be convinced.
The tricky thing has been a change of Tundra to the latest spec stereo version, then the speakers were changed from totem element Ember to rega rx1 and the installation of a new hifi rack, then the sagatun monos. So within a week I'd gone from tundra 1.2 to latest spec, sagatun stereo 1.1 to mono 1.1,totem element Ember to rega Rx1 and an atacama evoque special edition rack. Hmmmm, so as you can imagine describing and picking out the improvements has been really tricky but equally good fun and enjoyable.
I am hoping to get some friends round for a listen soon now I've got the regas run in, (they're very good if anyone was wondering), and will post more detailed thoughts and findings as the days and weeks progress.
Anyone who is interested in popping over don't hesitate to contact me. Cuppas and/or wine included with a warm Yorkshire welcome in Lincolnshire.
Ozzzy out.
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My hifi evolution and building a system around Lejonklou

Post by lejonklou »

Lots of change there, Ozzzy!

If I understand correctly, the ADS source and perhaps cabling are the only things that remain unchanged. Rack, preamp, power amp and speakers have one by one been replaced.

I assume it's a lot better than before. Can you keep track of what did what?
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

In a nutshell Fredrik that's correct. The sound is very different and more detailed now, and I don't seem to have to turn up the volume as much. The rega rx1 may be easier to drive perhaps?
It's too difficult to see (hear), what did what as 3 major changes were done all at once. Swapping speakers without hearing the new ones with the old kit would have been ideal but unfortunately impossible in this scenario.
So far I'm finding the music seems to have much more clarity and a clean but fun sound, not bright, not smooth, more punchy and engaging. Tundra stereo 1.2 to 2.0 was a very impressive change, anyone sitting on the fence needs to get that done asap in my opinion. It just sounds more powerful.
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Well I've had quite a lot of listening the last few weeks. Radio, my usual favourites and Christmas songs! My reluctance to activate space has seen me berated over on the linn forum, apparently I have boomy bass and I must like it that way. Interesting seeing as the accuser hasn't heard my system. Oh well, back to the far more nicer side of things.
I haven't written off using said software correction but whenever I've tried it it's stolen what's good from the sound I'm used to, right or wrongly I'm staying away from it for now.
The rega rx1 continue to seriously impress me with their detail and listenability (?), fun yet never shouty or harsh. They have a clearer more pronounced midrange than the lovely totem element Ember speakers I had previously. Looking back I think that these rega speakers are much easier to drive with Fred's power amps and as much as I liked the embers I have to say I think these punch well above their weight and I thought I'd be left pining for those lovely white boxes. I'd say out of the speakers I've used in the last year or so, ninkas, Majik 109, totem element Ember and the rega, the rega are my favourite, closely followed by the totems. I'm really looking forward to hearing some element earth and the slim but fabulous arro later on in the year.
I found the embers needed running at the yellow volume but the rega are more than happy in the turquoise! Sorry, I don't have the figures in front of me, I'm fishing!
So as things evolve I may look into vinyl in the coming years, Rega, not going down the linn route as it starts to get very silly price wise, and possibly an alternative source. Exciting times, but the Lejonklou kit is staying, that's a given. All the best guys,
Daniel
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Ozzzy189 wrote:So as things evolve I may look into vinyl in the coming years, Rega, not going down the linn route as it starts to get very silly price wise, and possibly an alternative source. Exciting times, but the Lejonklou kit is staying, that's a given. All the best guys,
Daniel
I can hear the Sagatuns & Tundra screaming (musically, of course ;) for a Klimax Renew DS - just sayin' :)
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Yes, hopefully one day I'll have a klimax source. It'll be a long way off though.