Slipsik 6 test pilot

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

More wants more

Re: Slipsik 6 test pilot

Post by More wants more »

Thank you everybody.

Think it's the first time i win a lottery and what a price.

It has been fun. Thank you Fredrik.

Cheers,
Christian
LP12/Trampolin2/Cirkus/Radikal/Ittok LVIII/Adikt/Kore/Slipsik 6 prototype/KK/ATC SCM 50 ASL
Daniel kinki 3

Post by Daniel kinki 3 »

Hey im new here I just want to know if is possible to reserve a model of the new slipsik 6 I have and old kinki 3 and wanted to opgrade for 2 years. But I wanted to wait for this opgrade if it's a opgrade I'm waiting for time to tell so please let me know. When will it hit the shelfs in Denmark
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Hi Daniel and welcome to the forum!

I've been meaning to update you all on Slipsik 6, so it was good of you to write here and push me to it. The final Slipsik 6 was supposed to be released before Christmas 2015 and indeed I assembled the first unit in mid December and hooked it up to my home system. Now, December turned out to be one of my best months ever, so up until the 22nd I was assembling, tuning, listening and shipping orders seven days a week. Just the way I like it!

As I didn't have time to fully evaluate the new Slipsik, I decided to postpone the launch until January 2016. I also did sense that something wasn't quite right with it. Although impressive in many ways, there was an element of restlessness in the music. Clearly something I had to look into. And that is what I've been doing this week!

What I found is that the new circuit board sounds fine, but a couple of other details need fine tuning to reach an overall harmony. One of these is that the enclosure, now wet painted, needs a little less bitumen damping than before (this was actually my first guess, as I felt the sound has just that character of being a tad overdamped). Another detail is that the screening of the power cord, which improves the lowest bass in a very nice way, needs to be installed very carefully. If the copper screen is too loose or too tight around the power cord, it defeats the gain in sound quality and the result becomes more negative than positive. Some shrink tube is needed to keep it in place, and today I've been testing exactly how much is needed and where it should fit.

I will release Slipsik 6 as soon as I'm 100% happy with it. My guess is that it will take another week or two. Around ten units have been pre ordered and HiFi Forum in Copenhagen will have it. In fact I might bring it when I pay them a visit later this month!
Daniel kinki 3

Post by Daniel kinki 3 »

Thanks for your fast and detailed reply I know the shop. Do you know the self-price it will land on. Maybe you have and old Well play-in slipsik 5 for hire or sale so i Can try what works Best whit my ortofon mm black pickup. Just want to say thanks for all those good hours in front of my stereo. Your lovely fine sounding kinki 3 is the first riia I owned. So I'm really looking forward to see how much close to musical niavana you can bring me. For in my world a considerable amount of money but still cheap aknof so a normal hard working saving man can buy it. Thanks tak
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Daniel kinki 3 wrote:Do you know the self-price it will land on.
The suggested price for Slipsik 6 is €990.
Daniel kinki 3 wrote:Maybe you have and old Well play-in slipsik 5 for hire or sale so i Can try what works Best whit my ortofon mm black pickup.
My very last Slipsik 5.1 board was turned into a Slipsik 6 prototype, as I needed to test some things. But there might be some second hand Slipsik 5.1's out soon now that 6 is released? The upgrade from 5.1 to 6 is quite labout intensive and will cost around €430 plus shipping.
Daniel kinki 3 wrote:Just want to say thanks for all those good hours in front of my stereo. Your lovely fine sounding kinki 3 is the first riia I owned. So I'm really looking forward to see how much close to musical niavana you can bring me. For in my world a considerable amount of money but still cheap aknof so a normal hard working saving man can buy it. Thanks tak
Thank YOU! That you bought a Kinki is what made me continue developing Gaio (which is the successor of Kinki 3 and not too far from Slipsik 5 in performance) and now Slipsik 6.