Opinions on the new LEJONKLOU website

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Opinions on the new LEJONKLOU website

Post by lejonklou »

In this thread, please do share your opinions and any feedback you may have on our ten year anniversary website.

Good? Bad? Suggestions? Something that doesn't work?

It will open in the afternoon of the 12th of February, 2015.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Opinions on the new LEJONKLOU website

Post by lejonklou »

16:20 Stockholm time

We are live!
Nature

Post by Nature »

Login works fine!

I like the colors. Or, the absence of color. (on the forum)
DelNaja

Post by DelNaja »

Nice colors and layout. Works fast, too. I like it! :)
MisterH

Post by MisterH »

Nice looking site, well done Frederik, and as previously said it works quick

One thing I have noticed is once you are on any page ( for example the News page) other than the home page or a product page there is no named link back to products, I can see it can be reached by clicking on the Lejonklou name but it's possible some people may miss that.
Linncredible

Post by Linncredible »

Great! Haven't had time to look at the new site in any detail, but the first general impression is really good! Well done! :-)
rowlandhills
Very active member
Very active member

Post by rowlandhills »

I'll have a proper look later. Looks nice though, is my first reaction.

Appears to be much more optimised for a mobile phone than the old one. That can be annoying at times on some other sites, where I prefer to force use of the desktop version, but I'll see how it works here.
KRDSM, Tundra to 242s
Silvers, K400, Hutter rack
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Congratulations Fredrik!
I was so used to the old one that naturally this new website takes some more time to get used to.

First impressions:
Much more professional and product orientated than the old one (which looked mainly being built around the forum part itself)
Great to see your total product portfolio, I think it will increase interest and sales
Navigation could perhaps be improved (or I need more time to get used to it)

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Marco
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Love the new look, well done. Taking a bit of getting used to the forum though.
I like the pics of the products but how about a short video clip showing the run through the volume colours instead of the same pic with just a different coloured light? I do like those however, that was just an idea.
I've enjoyed reading the ideas behind the products and posted the link on my Facebook page.
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Hi Fredrik, I really like the look of the new website. Definitely more professional and up to date with the parallax scrolling and the links that turn color and slightly enlarge when you roll over them. The high-quality photos are great and things load quickly. I haven't gone through the whole site yet but the parts I've sampled are very nice.

I really like "THE REASON BEHIND" section as it very clearly states what Lejonklou HiFi is all about. The wording is excellent and I think it really conveys your message well. However, I think it might be a good idea to change the photo at the top. I imagine the idea is to look serious but I think you might have pushed the envelope a bit too far on this one.

The only other thought is that on the mobile version it would likely be a good idea to put a HOME link at the top of the menus. It is not immediately obvious that the LEJONKLOU logo a home button and there is no such thing as making it too easy to get back to the home page.

Really attractive website and I like the new look of the forum too although I haven't navigated around in it yet. Good work!
Last edited by ThomasOK on 2015-02-12 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Congratulations Fredrik,
one superb website!
I love this minimalistic design.
ATB
Matt
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

neilh wrote:One thing I have noticed is once you are on any page ( for example the News page) other than the home page or a product page there is no named link back to products, I can see it can be reached by clicking on the Lejonklou name but it's possible some people may miss that.
Thanks for pointing this out!

I have intentionally omitted "Products" in the website menu, because it's the home page and the logo LEJONKLOU goes there as well. I can add Products in the menu, but it's less clean...
DelNaja

Post by DelNaja »

ThomasOK wrote:However, I think it might be a good idea to change the photo at the top. I imagine the idea is to look serious but I think you might have pushed the envelope a bit too far on this one.
I see ThomasOK's point about the picture. However, I, for one, thought the pic was cool. I saw determination in that look on Fredrik's face (assuming it is Fredrik's face :-). It might come across as a little dark, though.

Fredrik, it would be interesting to hear your own thoughts about the choice of this picture.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

rowlandhills wrote:Appears to be much more optimised for a mobile phone than the old one. That can be annoying at times on some other sites, where I prefer to force use of the desktop version, but I'll see how it works here.
The new website is adaptive to different window sizes, so there's no specific mobile version (I usually force the desktop version too, as I dislike mobile versions).

What happens when the window shrinks in size is that the header picture disappears and various items appear below one another instead of side by side. But the content is the same!

The only thing that's specific to "hand held devices" is that some special effects are missing on the front page. On a computer, your mouse controls a pointer and when it passes a product or a category, it turns up in colour and zooms in. This can't be done on a phone or an ipad, because the device doesn't know where your finger is going to point.
moog_man

Post by moog_man »

Overall, much more cohesive. The product line now shares equal 'real estate' with the forum, and that is a good thing.

I'm sure there will be minor tweaks to implement over the next few weeks but well done, Fredrik and anyone else that was involved.
LP12_Radikal/2_Keel_Karousel_Ittok III_Akiva. Ak Tuner. UDP-205. Kontrol/2. Solo_Ak 212. 2250_Ak 225
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Ozzzy189 wrote:I like the pics of the products but how about a short video clip showing the run through the volume colours instead of the same pic with just a different coloured light? I do like those however, that was just an idea.
Yes, that was the original idea!

But it became rather messy, so we ended up leaving the videos out. At least for now. Instead I used the series of pictures we took with all the decade colours. They look far better than that noisy video!
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Looks very good. I like it. Much more professional as has already been said.
DelNaja wrote:
ThomasOK wrote:However, I think it might be a good idea to change the photo at the top. I imagine the idea is to look serious but I think you might have pushed the envelope a bit too far on this one.
I see ThomasOK's point about the picture. However, I, for one, thought the pic was cool. I saw determination in that look on Fredrik's face (assuming it is Fredrik's face :-). It might come across as a little dark, though.

Fredrik, it would be interesting to hear your own thoughts about the choice of this picture.
I like the picture too. The photo seems appropriate to my mind because the article is speaking about personal experiences. If it was written without reference to Fredrik himself, then it would probably seem out of place. Just another view. I certainly can't predict what your average first-time website visitor will think.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

lejonklou wrote:
neilh wrote:One thing I have noticed is once you are on any page ( for example the News page) other than the home page or a product page there is no named link back to products, I can see it can be reached by clicking on the Lejonklou name but it's possible some people may miss that.

I have intentionally omitted "Products" in the website menu, because it's the home page and the logo LEJONKLOU goes there as well. I can add Products in the menu, but it's less clean...
I agree with Neil. I wasn't sure how to navigate back to Products or Home page when I wanted to. It feels like it's 'missing' something rather than tidier without it.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

DelNaja wrote:
There was no idea behind that picture - it was taken by surprise. I was into a discussion with a man sitting to my left. When I turned my head forward: Click! The photographer emailed it to me and I put it on the new website.

I may look rather old in it, but... I'm sure I'll grow into it.
haraldur

Post by haraldur »

Been a while since i had the spare time to sit down, due to our never ending building project. However this morning during a cup of coffee, i visited your site. Read an interesting thread while waiting for the carpenter to arrive. Later,when our daughter went to bed, i returned for some quality time and finishing reading. I was very surprised and impressed to see difference i must say.

Great work!
Remove links or BANG!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Charlie1 wrote:
lejonklou wrote:

I agree with Neil. I wasn't sure how to navigate back to Products or Home page when I wanted to. It feels like it's 'missing' something rather than tidier without it.
Ok then!

I have just added it.
magnuska

Post by magnuska »

Hi Fredrik, congrats to the new site. Looks fine.

I have though found a couple of typos in the Sagatun info.

"Some specific choices of technology were made, such as the design being dual mono (left and righ channels are separate circuits) and the use of two ultra-quiet switch mode"

and here:

"The fourth fuction, the Control Link, i"

This is what I have found so

Regards
Sonore Mr streamer/Teddy Powersupply/Didit DAC 212/ Teddy PR/MB100 Rega P 3/Slipsik Klångedang T1
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

magnuska wrote:Hi Fredrik, congrats to the new site. Looks fine.

I have though found a couple of typos in the Sagatun info.

"Some specific choices of technology were made, such as the design being dual mono (left and righ channels are separate circuits) and the use of two ultra-quiet switch mode"

and here:

"The fourth fuction, the Control Link, i"
Thank you Magnus!

Now fixed.
DelNaja

Post by DelNaja »

lejonklou wrote:
DelNaja wrote:
There was no idea behind that picture - it was taken by surprise. I was into a discussion with a man sitting to my left. When I turned my head forward: Click! The photographer emailed it to me and I put it on the new website.

I may look rather old in it, but... I'm sure I'll grow into it.
Interesting story, thanks for sharing.

Regarding age, don't worry. None of us are getting any younger :-) Besides, what's wrong about age, anyway? Age means experience, maturity, wisdom. Nothing to be ashamed of. On the contrary, really.

Keep up the good work, Fredrik!
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

I just noticed that on my Sony Experia smartphone, the forum section can't be adressed, as this is somehow invisible, so also not selectable. I only get the other options, "pre/power amp, reasons behind" etc.

On my iPad1 it works well.
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand