MM Cartridges for Gaio MM Phone Stage

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

samurai7595

MM Cartridges for Gaio MM Phone Stage

Post by samurai7595 »

Which MM cartridges would you recommend for the Gaio MM phono stage?
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Hi Samurai!

Gaio has been tested with models from Rega, Grado, Goldring, Audio Technica and Linn.

It's no secret that I'm fond of Linn Adikt, but your choice will depend on what turntable you are using.
Boris

Post by Boris »

lejonklou wrote:Hi Samurai!

Gaio has been tested with models from Rega, Grado, Goldring, Audio Technica and Linn.

It's no secret that I'm fond of Linn Adikt, but your choice will depend on what turntable you are using.
I have now been testing the Gaio with Goldring 2400, Rega Elys2, Rega Exact and Ortofon 2M Black, and I have come to the conclusion, that I actually prefer the old Kinki.

I find the Gaio a Little to polite. Am I wrong?

/ Boris
Last edited by Boris on 2014-11-10 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Hi Boris!

What turntable and arm are you using?

I have not heard of anyone preferring Kinki before. Not even hesitating about them. So my first thought is that something must be wrong for that to happen.

Have you listened to a Slipsik 5.1 as well? If yes, how did that compare with the other two?
Boris

Post by Boris »

The test were done with Rega P5 with TT-PSU. Also used where a Rega Planar25 and a Linn Axis with Akitoarm.

It's not as though I don't like the Gaio. I can hear a lot of details, nuance and good timing. I just prefer the Kinki's rock n'roll attitude.
Last edited by Boris on 2014-11-10 20:17, edited 2 times in total.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Ok, thanks Boris!

I still wonder whether the Gaio performs as it should. If it's possible to arrange, I'd like to have a look at it.

It might be as simple as you preferring Kinki. I just don't think there's any more rock'n'roll in a Kinki than a Gaio, that's all.
Diver

Gaio and AT95E

Post by Diver »

Hi have anyone tested AT95E on Gaio or any Lejonklou riia? AT 95E is not working so good with kairn but better with LK1
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Hi Diver!

I have not tested AT-95E with Gaio, but I did test that cartridge with both Kinki and Slipsik phono stages. Kinki and Gaio prestent the exact same load to the cartridge, so in that respect the match will be very good.

My guess is that they go very well together. AT-95E is a fabulous cart for the money! I must have mounted about a hundred of them, on every kind turntable from old Garrards to LP12's.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I recently had a customer LP12 here with Radikal, Basik LV-X and an AT95E which we played through a Slipsik and it was a very musical combo. I'm sure it would also be great through a Gaio.