Ozzzy's Sagatun experience.

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Only well established forum members need apply. I got a killer dog and a pick axe shaft in case. Lol
😉
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Just had an incredibly enjoyable couple of hours with a fellow music lover listening to kds1, sagatun monos into tundra stereo driving majik 109. A few tweaks early on, and I was really really happy with the sound. Lovely company and great sounds.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Did the "few tweaks" include trying Tundra Monos in place of Stereo? (I realise you're shy 1 shelf to do this 'properly'...)
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

I have tried the monos, but with the majik 109 I still think the stereo hits a particular sweetspot.
I turned off the sub and pulled out the speakers a bit. Having a kds1 certainly increased quality bass substantially.
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

I had another visit this evening and we had a really good and fruitful listening session.
I also solved a particular quandry that I had.
So with the kds1 into sagatun stereo then tundra stereo driving majik 109, we started playing some music. My guest had akurate 212 and because of this felt that it was tricky to make a fair comparison. However, there was no denying that it sounded good.
I know how fantastic these sagatun monos sound and I took out the sagatun stereo and connected them up. All of a sudden 212 were kind of irrelevant and the difference between the stereo and monos was night and day. Already impressive, the benefits using the dual mono pre amps is huge.
After listening to Norah Jones and Alison krauss and an Eric bibb track, I exchanged mains extension blocks. My issue I had was mine can sound a bit harsh and 'shouty' (sorry Chris, I pinched your word!), at high volume but I felt my block was more detailed. It was fairly quickly concluded that the better sound came from the 'Freddie block', a longer listen then reverting back and discussion between us just reaffirmed this.
I had a great time in good company, but as great as sagatun stereo is, and it is very good, the monos are just on a completely different level.
Thanks for visiting my home Neil, it was a pleasure.
MisterH

Post by MisterH »

Ozzzy189 wrote:I had another visit this evening and we had a really good and fruitful listening session.
I also solved a particular quandry that I had.
So with the kds1 into sagatun stereo then tundra stereo driving majik 109, we started playing some music. My guest had akurate 212 and because of this felt that it was tricky to make a fair comparison. However, there was no denying that it sounded good.
I know how fantastic these sagatun monos sound and I took out the sagatun stereo and connected them up. All of a sudden 212 were kind of irrelevant and the difference between the stereo and monos was night and day. Already impressive, the benefits using the dual mono pre amps is huge.
After listening to Norah Jones and Alison krauss and an Eric bibb track, I exchanged mains extension blocks. My issue I had was mine can sound a bit harsh and 'shouty' (sorry Chris, I pinched your word!), at high volume but I felt my block was more detailed. It was fairly quickly concluded that the better sound came from the 'Freddie block', a longer listen then reverting back and discussion between us just reaffirmed this.
I had a great time in good company, but as great as sagatun stereo is, and it is very good, the monos are just on a completely different level.
Thanks for visiting my home Neil, it was a pleasure.
First of all thanks to Ozzzy for an enjoyable evening and an apology for taking up so much of his time.

I can only confirm Ozzzy's comments above, I did initially find it difficult to form an impression of his system seeing as I was coming from 212's to 109's but conversely from ADS to KDS.

However once I had got accustomed to the 'sound' of the system and stopped trying to compare to my own system things became a bit easier and a bit more comparative. I started to enjoy the Sagatun stereo and the system as whole, but then Ozzzy was very keen for me to listen to the Sagatun monos, so he swapped them over and the whole perspective changed, I must admit I was not expecting such a difference.

By this time I had completely forgotten that I was listening to a different system to my own and was just enjoying what I was listening to.

After a lit bit of further experimentation with power blocks I think we both agreed on the best combination.

Al I can say in summary is congratulations to Frederik on again producing a great product in the Sagatun, but particularly so on the monos.

From a personal point of view I was keen to hear the Sagatun stereo as I was considering a purchase, but having heard the monos I'm not so sure, I'm not sure I could ever be happy with the stereo knowing the monos are so much better.

Well done Frederik, but you have caused me a dilemma !!!!
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

This dilemma seems to the only downside to the Sagatuns.

For what it is worth; In my system (kds,ak1,tundra monos,242s) I have been (reliably) advised that the stereo sagatun would be a big step from the ak1 and the sagatun monos a further big jump from the stereo.

I would have been happy to go for either.

Come to think of it the AK/1 sounded so good, I could have easily kept it and contunue to enjoy the music.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Hi, Nottingham isn't too far away from me. I can personally bring you the monos and stereo to try out in your home if you want? The stereo is better than the KK imo, the monos are just an Omg moment.
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

Ozzy. Thanks for the extremely generous offer- you are a real gentleman.

I perhaps did not make it clear but i have made the decision and anthony placed the order for the sagatuns yesterday.

I was happy with the demo at hidden systems and trust the opinions of those on the forum.

Anthony's review was all i was waiting for and i can't wait to get a quality pre amp back into the system.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Hi, excellent news ! Welcome to the club !