Forum issues are discussed here

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Forum issues are discussed here

Post by matthias »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-10-26 23:19 I was wondering if there could be a category called Various Recorded Music, that would contain threads like the Latest recordings to enter into your collection, and the Musician, Singer, Songwriter and novelist, and the Playlist, as well as the other related music threads?
It would be easier to find these threads if they were in their own category, and it might stimulate addition music topics. Just a thought...
+1
Especially as it is so easy to discover new music with Källa and Spotify.

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thanks for the suggestion, Tony!

We have been wrestling with the addition of a Music category for a long time, but still haven't agreed on the details.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

lejonklou wrote: 2021-10-27 12:04 Thanks for the suggestion, Tony!

We have been wrestling with the addition of a Music category for a long time, but still haven't agreed on the details.
Thank you for making a Music category Fredrik, it looks good!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-11-18 15:53 Thank you for making a Music category Fredrik, it looks good!
+1

Matt
Matt

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Glad to hear that you like it!

Your thanks should mainly be directed to our excellent moderator, markiteight. He's the mastermind behind the changes.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

lejonklou wrote: 2021-11-18 19:16 Glad to hear that you like it!

Your thanks should mainly be directed to our excellent moderator, markiteight. He's the mastermind behind the changes.
Thank you markiteight, the Music category looks good - job well done!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-11-18 20:08 Thank you markiteight, the Music category looks good - job well done!
Indeed :-)
Matt

Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

By the way, should the "Vinyl Tunefulness" thread be placed in the Music category also? It's currently located in the Hi-Fi category.
Tony Tune-age
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-11-18 21:54 By the way, should the "Vinyl Tunefulness" thread be placed in the Music category also? It's currently located in the Hi-Fi category.
I would think if it is mostly about the recordings, artists, pressings, etc. it would go in the music category (although even that last one might be argued). If it is about how tuneful a recording, medium, piece of gear, cable, setup, etc. is it wouldn't belong there but in one of the other categories. So, without actually looking at the posts in the Vinyl Tunefulness thread but going on the name, I would say likely it should stay where it is.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
markiteight

Post by markiteight »

You're too modest, Fredrik! This was very much a collaboration that started shortly after I became moderator with Fredrik and I bouncing ideas back and forth, discussing the merits and issues of each and progressively working toward a format that we both liked, but ultimately it's Fredrik's decision what gets implemented. It's his forum, after all. What has become clear throughout this process is that Fredrik approaches the design of this forum much like the design of his products (within the limits of the forum software, of course). Every aspect of this forum is carefully considered and thoroughly analyzed before a choice is made. Working thorough this process with Fredrik has been an utter joy.
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-11-18 21:54 By the way, should the "Vinyl Tunefulness" thread be placed in the Music category also? It's currently located in the Hi-Fi category.
Good catch, Tony! The move has been made. I did not scour the back pages of this forum to find all the posts which should be relocated, so if there are any others which people think should be moved, please let me know.

Thanks!
markiteight

Post by markiteight »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-11-18 22:19 I would think if it is mostly about the recordings, artists, pressings, etc. it would go in the music category (although even that last one might be argued). If it is about how tuneful a recording, medium, piece of gear, cable, setup, etc. is it wouldn't belong there but in one of the other categories. So, without actually looking at the posts in the Vinyl Tunefulness thread but going on the name, I would say likely it should stay where it is.
I concur with your criteria, Thomas. In this case the OP was a question posted by Charlie1 (who has been conspicuous in his absence lately...anyone know what's up?) who wondered if there were any record labels, or eras of recordings, which were considered more tuneful than others. I felt this tipped the scales toward the Music side so the move was made.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

markiteight wrote: 2021-11-18 22:29
ThomasOK wrote: 2021-11-18 22:19 I would think if it is mostly about the recordings, artists, pressings, etc. it would go in the music category (although even that last one might be argued). If it is about how tuneful a recording, medium, piece of gear, cable, setup, etc. is it wouldn't belong there but in one of the other categories. So, without actually looking at the posts in the Vinyl Tunefulness thread but going on the name, I would say likely it should stay where it is.
I concur with your criteria, Thomas. In this case the OP was a question posted by Charlie1 (who has been conspicuous in his absence lately...anyone know what's up?) who wondered if there were any record labels, or eras of recordings, which were considered more tuneful than others. I felt this tipped the scales toward the Music side so the move was made.
In that case, I would agree. The title lead me to believe it was a quite different subject. But it is a close call even so.
The LP12 Whisperer
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

I wrote with Charlie1 not long ago. He is ok, just taking a break from hifi forums.
Playing cd’s…………
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-11-18 20:08

Cheers
+1
Music First ...
Vlado
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

beck wrote: 2021-11-19 05:40
I wrote with Charlie1 not long ago. He is ok, just taking a break from hifi forums.
Gee, why would anybody want to do that? ;-)
The LP12 Whisperer
markiteight

Post by markiteight »

beck wrote: 2021-11-19 05:40
I wrote with Charlie1 not long ago. He is ok
Glad to hear it!
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

beck wrote: 2021-11-19 05:40 I wrote with Charlie1 not long ago. He is ok...
Charlie is at 1 with himself?
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

tokenbrit wrote: 2021-11-19 23:03
beck wrote: 2021-11-19 05:40 I wrote with Charlie1 not long ago. He is ok...
Charlie is at 1 with himself?
It may be that he has completed his journey back in time, and does not yet have internet...
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

V.A.MKD wrote: 2021-11-19 11:04
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-11-18 20:08

Cheers
+1
It's been several weeks since an official Music category was created by Fredrik and Markiteight. As such, it's now much easier and faster to find all of the music related threads. Thanks again guys and Happy New Year!

Cheers!
Tony Tune-age
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you Tony and Happy New Year to you and everyone!
markiteight

Post by markiteight »

Thanks, Tony. I'm glad to hear people are finding the new Music forum useful and enjoyable!

Happy New Year to all of you. I hope 2022 is a good one!
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

I've been telling a few people about Lejonklou products, and have provided them the website for more information also. However, in some cases there are several threads for the same components (i.e., Slipisk, Sagatun, Gaio, Tundra, etc.). Could some of those threads be consolidated for easier access for information?
Tony Tune-age
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2022-02-24 13:42 I've been telling a few people about Lejonklou products, and have provided them the website for more information also. However, in some cases there are several threads for the same components (i.e., Slipisk, Sagatun, Gaio, Tundra, etc.). Could some of those threads be consolidated for easier access for information?
I have to chuckle at this, posted on the same day as asking a Lejonklou product specific question in your Me and My system thread rather than under the Lejonklou category... I saw value in your question, and Hermann's answer, but I know that's not where I'd think to look for information on Sagatun operation & best practice :)
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

tokenbrit wrote: 2022-02-26 00:25 I have to chuckle at this, posted on the same day as asking a Lejonklou product specific question in your Me and My system thread rather than under the Lejonklou category... I saw value in your question, and Hermann's answer, but I know that's not where I'd think to look for information on Sagatun operation & best practice :)
Good point...but I did get a fast answer anyway.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

It's currently not possible to manage (delete) or add new attachments. Are there some problems?
Trust your ears