Checking in with Gaio and LP12

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

indydieselnut

Checking in with Gaio and LP12

Post by indydieselnut »

Greetings! I just wanted to check in as I just received my Gaio. Tom at Overture Audio in Ann Arbor, Michigan just finished restoring a 30-year-old Sondek LP12 I received from a friend's father. He did a fantastic job and I'm running the Ittok arm and Adikt cartridge. This is my first foray into analogue and I'm loving everything I'm hearing. The Gaio feeds a custom Bottlehead Stereomour amp into Blumenstein Orca louspeakers with Blumenstein Dungeness subs.

I'm extremely impressed with the Gaio's level of fit and finish and couldn't be happier with the sound. There are several pieces of the system I'm hearing together for the first time, but they seem to be complementing each other wonderfully.

I'll look forward to learning here on this forum. Thank you.
"The problem with the world is me" - GK Chesterton
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Hi indydieselnut and welcome here!

Thank you so much for your kind words about Gaio.
That's quite an exotic system you have, with a renovated classic turntable and speakers I had to look up as I had never heard of them. Happy to hear they delight!
indydieselnut

Post by indydieselnut »

It is indeed a pleasure! Thank you for the wonderful product. I spent several hours yesterday evening listening to the system make beautiful music. That is what all of this is all about!
"The problem with the world is me" - GK Chesterton
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the kind comments. I'm glad to hear you are happy with the Gaio and the restored LP12. The Gaio is quite musical and a considerable step up form the award-winning Kinki 3 it replaced. As usual from Lejonklou, stunning musicality for the money.

I'm sure your entry into the joys of vinyl will become a life-long love affair. On that journey the LP12 will be able to take you as far as you wish to go with it. Have fun!

PS. I had to look up the speakers too.