Multichannel tundra?

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

finster

Multichannel tundra?

Post by finster »

Do you think there is a market for this?

Seems that Tundra is pretty well regarded, I would be interested in a 4 channel amp to compete with others out there.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Hi finster!

There's been thoughts about a version with more channels. Technically, it's a power supply issue - it's got to be able to drive all channels in a convincing way.

Whether there's a market depends on how people would use it. Why do you need four channels?
SaltyDog
Very active member
Very active member

Post by SaltyDog »

finster has Keltiks
rowlandhills
Very active member
Very active member

Post by rowlandhills »

Personally, I'd love three channels, so I could replace my 2200 and 3200 with two Lejonklou boxes and not waste any channels...
KRDSM, Tundra to 242s
Silvers, K400, Hutter rack
vicdiaz

Post by vicdiaz »

Not a bad idea!

Would still need to get my hands on a Linn Tunebox with mono cards for my Av5140s though....
Vic
Ivor's "Tune-Method Seminar" Alumni
finster

Post by finster »

Salty is right, I have Keltiks and my amp options have changed since purchasing some klimax XOs - 4 channel tundra would be very interesting ;)

I understand multichannel means a compromise given sharing a single power supply, does this mean it has to be a beefed up supply as compared to the 2 channel equivalent?
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

finster wrote:Salty is right, I have Keltiks and my amp options have changed since purchasing some klimax XOs - 4 channel tundra would be very interesting ;)

I understand multichannel means a compromise given sharing a single power supply, does this mean it has to be a beefed up supply as compared to the 2 channel equivalent?
I see!

Although the power supply in Tundra Stereo and Mono would work, it wouldn't sound good enough driving four channels. It would need to be beefier.

Due to it being very time consuming and costly to develop power supplies, Tundra Quadro is not exactly around the corner. But I do like the idea of one!
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

How about two stereos in one box? Only part of the power supply to be shared is the incoming mains lead.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

sunbeamgls wrote:How about two stereos in one box? Only part of the power supply to be shared is the incoming mains lead.
Not sure what you mean, sunbeamgls. Can you explain what is different from what we discussed above?