Cable for Slipsik

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

wazza69

Cable for Slipsik

Post by wazza69 »

Hi,

I am after a cable for my Slipsik 5.1 into a Naim setup. Any thought on a compatible cable?

Thanks,
Wayne
Efraim roots
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Efraim roots »

Great choice, I was very happy with my Lejonklou Kinki2 and Naim amps. I first used Linn Black IC rca's which is very good, but only works if you have recent Naim amps with rca inputs. Then I got the rca-din Naim Hiline which is much better, and one of the best cables you can get for your setup. Just last week I got Naims standard 'lavender' IC terminated with the best possible rca contact (Linn silver, old type) and din, by Lejonklou. And I believe it's even better than Hiline, but it's a close call so I must let the new cable settle before I make any conclusions. Anyhow, Naims standard IC terminated with decent rca's in Slipsik end will sound good. I would prefer Linn rca contacts, but I know Naim used some chord and wbt models.

Cablewize, I Don't really know If Linn Black or Naim Standard is to be preferred, but is has been reported that din inputs sound better on Naim amps so maybe Naim cable is the better way. Hopefully you can get a rca-din factory made. Otherwise quality will also depend on who makes the cable. Remember to get the direction right when making/ordering rca-din cables.
the players of instruments shall be there..
wazza69

Post by wazza69 »

Thanks Efraim. I may borrow one of each and see how I get on. I'll report back...
wazza69

Post by wazza69 »

Just to feedback, I got a custom length Naim interconnect made up (RCA to DIN) and it made a massive difference. Recommended.
Efraim roots
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Efraim roots »

Nice! Massive difference from what? Which rca connector did you go for?

Could be worth testing the different inputs on your pre also, makes a worthwhile improvement to use the best one on my older Nac 52 at least (tuner).
the players of instruments shall be there..