Power amp name suggestions

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Azazello
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Azazello »

Ozzzy189 wrote:Why is it impossible to pronounce? Le jon klou, hardly difficult is it?
I get what you're saying about brand identity, but not the five letter statement. Klimax has six anyway! Just a bit of fun ain't it?
Well, since I can't hear you saying it, I suppose you are right ;)

Klimax is a horrible name! I'm thinking about the cool Linn names like Karik, Kairn, Klout, Tukan, Kaber and so on (Index, Nexus and Helix had an X instead of K, but still five letters - never thought of that before).

/Az
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Azazello wrote:
Ozzzy189 wrote:Why is it impossible to pronounce? Le jon klou, hardly difficult is it?
I get what you're saying about brand identity, but not the five letter statement. Klimax has six anyway! Just a bit of fun ain't it?
Well, since I can't hear you saying it, i suppose you are right ;)

Klimax is a horrible name! Iäm thinking about the cool Linn products like Karik, Kairn, Klout, Tukan, Kaber and so on (Index, Nexus and Helix had an X instead of K, but still five letters - never thought of that before).

/Az
Some people certainly have a hard time pronouncing Lejonklou as can be seen in the Stereophile review. ;-) I think most English speakers will pronounce it with a harder J until they hear it pronounced properly - I know I pronounced it that way until I heard Fredrik pronounce it himself. I do kind of like the idea of more Swedish names rather then necessarily sticking with the K theme. Especially with the Tiger Paw and AudioFlat people taking on the use of K name they are going fast. Also both of those companies are unashamedly makers of accessories for Linn products where I think Fredrik would be better with a separate brand identity.

I do like the K names Linn was coming out with during their big product introductions of the early 90s as many were appropriate Scottish names, but when they started going far afield for names like Ikemi and Genki it seemed less fitting. As to the five letter thing I think that is just coincidence with the names shown above. It was obviously never something that Linn made a conscious effort to do. While the early 90s did bring us the Kairn, Karik, Klout, Kaber and Tukan it also brought us the Keltik, Keilidh, Kremlin, Ekos and Numerik. Going back to the earliest days you had Sondek, Isobarik, Kan, Asak, Ittok and Basik so again no real five letter trend.

I have to say that personally I like the Klimax name with both its musical and other connotations. Klimax Kontrol is even better and certainly preferable to Klimax Solo! ;-)