Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Lejonklou headquarters

Post by lejonklou »

matthias wrote: 2024-05-17 11:16
lejonklou wrote: 2024-05-16 22:09 We decided to move and I found a new place. Twice as big, central location. We intend to make it the best lab ever!
Congrats Fredrik,
any pics?
After seven days of clearing out the old lab and a week of arranging shelves for stock and parts (lots remaining), I finally connected a minimal HiFi system (Källa, Boazu, T1) on Thursday against the short wall.

This is what it looked like before the ton of gear arrived.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

This is the system freshly connected on Thursday. No measurements, adjustments or tuning. Felt promising!

https://lejonklou.com/IMG_7697.mov
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

lejonklou wrote: 2024-05-25 20:27 This is the system freshly connected on Thursday. No measurements, adjustments or tuning. Felt promising!

https://lejonklou.com/IMG_7697.mov
That really sounds promising already Fredrik. Colorful as the rugs.
Lenco 76/S TJN, Dr. Fuss, Supernait2, CD5X, Slipsik7.1, Millon Phantom, Soundeck, AudioSensibility
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you Arjen!

One week later, the following has changed:
• Speakers moved 2 cm apart and 0.5 cm to the right (fine tuning still to be done),
• Plaster board cavity in the ceiling that resonated like crazy has been reinforced with solid oak, and
• Plaster board cavity in the right corner that resonated like crazy has been reinforced with steel rods.

Better?

https://www.lejonklou.com/IMG_7738.mov
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

I’m finding it quite difficult to make a decision tbh, Fredrik. There appears to be a bass problem which causes the bass to drag a little bit, which is apparent on both videos. I’m not sure if it’s the original recording which has the problem, or the room.
markiteight

Post by markiteight »

The first clip sounds like the bass player has decided to take the lead and the rest of the group is struggling to follow along. The second clip sounds like it was recorded after the band took a break to admonish the bass player and put him back in his place. But now he's in a snit and not keeping up with the rest of the group.

The second clip is better, but there's still something not quite right. It's not clicking the way I remember from your original lab. Good progress though!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you for your input!

The song is a bit “draggy”, so I will pick another one next time. There are however two more cavities that I need to work on. Hopefully won’t take as much effort to fix them.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

That seems fundamentally better to me and very enjoyable.

Just on my phone speaker at the moment so can't comment on bass.

EDIT: Just listened with headphones. Having recently switched from an old Samsung to iPhone 14 for system recordings, I suspect that at least part of the issue is the phone adding some boominess that's not actually there in the room. Switching to mono removes that in my room, but then I end up with an artificially lean and slightly hard sound.

Anyway, it's really tuneful and I like it a lot :) Looks good too which is always a bonus.