Slipsik 7

Discussion, questions and suggestions about Lejonklou products

Moderator: Staff

TMV

Re: Slipsik 7

Post by TMV » 2019-05-25 15:01

I listened to Slipsik 7 two times before buying it.

First time I compared to Gaio 2 that I was thinking of upgrading to but Slipsik 7 pulled out the music so much better.

Second time I brought my Kinki 2 to my dealer and also compared to a Slipsik 5.1.
Kinki 2 was a bit dull compared to Slipsik 5.1 that made the music much easier to understand but with a "HiFi tone". Slipsik 7 made it so much easier to hear and follow the music but without adding any tone by itself. Just music!

However, first time I used the new Slipsik 7 in my system I was a bit disappointed. Went away a few days and after that I have been very happy playing record after record! It´s more feelings, better rhythms, much easier to hear what is going on, more energy and live feeling. I can play at low volume and still enjoy, but I want to play loud! :) Thanks!

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou » 2019-05-26 13:52

Thank you for sharing your impressions, u252agz and TMV! They made me happy.

DavidHB

Post by DavidHB » 2019-05-29 17:32

@TMV My experience was somewhat similar to yours. Though I never found the performance of the Slipsik 7 "disappointing", I did experience what seemed to be a step-change improvement in clarity and presence after I had (because of other commitments) not listened to the system for the better part of a day and then came back to it. And, as previously reported, I continue to enjoy using it.

Following Fred's report that the first 50 Slipsik 7 units sold very quickly, my dealer tells me that the Lejonklou phono stages are selling very well for him. I must get round to putting my Gaio on the market ...

David

u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz » 2019-05-30 13:31

6 days on and I can confirm that my Rega Planar 3 has been utterly transformed by Slipsik 7 and with Boazu and Komponent 110s makes for a great Bedroom system.

As others have pointed out the music has been getting better the more I use the Slipsik.

I compared the same album on digital with the sneaky and the now the turbo charged RP3 and the turntable is in a different league.

As it stands the Slipsik 7 may well end up remainng in the Bedroom and my LP12 will stay with Slipsik 6.1 for now.
KDS2/Sagatun Tundra Monos /242s /LP12 Kore-KRad-Ekos SE/Slip 7

Sneaky/RP3/Slip 6.1/ Boazu/ Komp110

mbabst

Post by mbabst » 2019-06-04 12:09

I received my Slipsik 7 yesterday and it sounds wonderful out of the box and it even will improve. Great work Fredrik! My friend who owns a Urika II and Krystal came over and he was impressed too. Great soundstage and musicality. Never heard a MM system sounding that good. Time to save for a Ekos now and I don't have to care about Urika and Krystal.
Last edited by mbabst on 2019-06-04 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
Akurate DSM3 Kat/AV5125 D - LP12/Kore/Akurate Radikal/Akito 1/Adikt/Slipsik 7 - Piega Coax 30.2

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou » 2019-06-04 13:08

mbabst wrote:
2019-06-04 12:09
I received my Slipsik 7 yesterday and it sounds wonderful out of the box and it even will improve. Great work Fredrik! My friend who owns a Urika II and Krystal came over and he was impressed too. Great soundstage and musicality. Never heard a MM system that sounded so good. Time to save for a Ekos now and I don't have to care about Urika and Krystal.
Thank you for your kind words, mbabst!

u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz » 2019-06-04 20:01

Finally got access to my LP12 and replaced Slipsik 6.1 with version 7, now with a few hours of burn in with the RP3.

Wow - it took all of 3 seconds of London Grammars 'Hey Now' to realise that this a huge upgrade over an already fantastic phonostage.

Further listening confirmed that everything is just so much better- more musical for sure, but so many details and nuances revealed and the bass is magnificent. The control and quality of this is just sublime, and makes me appreciate what these 242s are capable of in this department.

it may sound ridiculous but this upgrade seems to be every bit enjoyable as the Majik power supply - Radikal or Akito to Ekos SE upgrade, and for the price and ease of installation perhaps the best value of all for those with Adikt.

Great work Fredrick - if the next MM phonostage is as big as an improvement, please put me on the waiting list.

mbabst

Post by mbabst » 2019-06-06 13:05

Btw has anyone tried a MC step up transformer with the Slipsik 7 and a Linn Krystal?
Akurate DSM3 Kat/AV5125 D - LP12/Kore/Akurate Radikal/Akito 1/Adikt/Slipsik 7 - Piega Coax 30.2

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou » 2019-06-06 20:27

u252agz: Thank you!

It really does seem like Slipsik 7 is becoming my fastest selling and most highly praised product since I started Lejonklou HiFi in 2005.

mbabst: I have planned to test this soon!

I now have two active MC input stages developed (one is the best that I can do and the second is identical in design but uses the second best selected components) that I wish to compare with a transformer+Slipsik 7 combination. I'm quite excited by this, having recently met and discussed the matter with one of the best transformer manufacturers in the world.

Cynicsquared

Post by Cynicsquared » 2019-06-09 19:58

I’m new here and hope you’re going to excuse if this post is in the wrong place!
I run a few linn lp12, KDSM, twin systems with various arms, cartridges and speakers.
My reason for writing is that in my study system I have a Gaio/2 and Boazu 1.1 which I acquired two weeks ago.
To cut to the chase, it is so musical, enjoyable and uplifting that I can’t be bothered going back to my main setup.
In fact I think I may need to put the records away and get some sleep, after I’ve ordered the Slipsik 7 and listened to the other side of this Supertramp album!
Thank you Fredrik
Stand back
True OCGenius at work in Uppsala.

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou » 2019-06-10 20:22

Cynicsquared wrote:
2019-06-09 19:58
I’m new here and hope you’re going to excuse if this post is in the wrong place!
I run a few linn lp12, KDSM, twin systems with various arms, cartridges and speakers.
My reason for writing is that in my study system I have a Gaio/2 and Boazu 1.1 which I acquired two weeks ago.
To cut to the chase, it is so musical, enjoyable and uplifting that I can’t be bothered going back to my main setup.
In fact I think I may need to put the records away and get some sleep, after I’ve ordered the Slipsik 7 and listened to the other side of this Supertramp album!
Thank you Fredrik
Stand back
Welcome to the forum, Cynicsquared!

Wow, so many systems!

It feels fantastic to hear that you're so pleased with Gaio 2 and Boazu 1.1.

I don't know that an OCGenius is, but it sounds so positive that it can't possibly stand for Offensive Coordinator. And Orange County doesn't make any sense. Perhaps Original Content or Officer Commanding?

u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz » 2019-06-12 09:50

Obsessive Compulsive, along with Genius would perhaps best describe the qualities needed to produce some of the brilliant equipment coming from Lejonklou HQ.

Slipsik 7 may be the latest and most favourably reviewed at the moment, but I think the Sagatuns, Tundras and Boazu have been received with equal enthusiasm, and rightly so.

Looking forward to a new MC phonostage which could partner the Krystal and give a more affordable option to those with Adikt, who do not want to stretch to Kandid/Singularity and wish to avoid exakt /KDSM.

ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK » 2019-06-12 21:00

I'm surprised Fredrik didn't get this, unless he was just being purposely obtuse. Especially since he mentioned to me that one of his friends told him he had OCO - Obsessive Compulsive Order - since he used it to make great products and a living, it couldn't really be a Disorder.
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.

HIDDENSYSTEMS

Post by HIDDENSYSTEMS » 2019-06-14 12:07

Cynicsquared wrote:
2019-06-09 19:58
Thank you Fredrik
Stand back
Glad you like and pleasure to meet you
http://www.hiddensystems.co.uk
Lejonklou | Linn |Devialet | Rega | Totem Acoustic | Meridian |Kudos