Lejonklou Tundra

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Erik

Tundra

Post by Erik »

I assume the silence is due to all owners are listening and find it hard to quit.

For me, Tundra is a fantastic amp. I compare it with a pair of Solos a friend kindly lent me for three weeks. Tundra is better. It really brings out the sense of the music.
There has been a few discussion about Tundra giving a signature to the sound but if that´s true it is as well valid for the Klimax amps.
Musical wise Tundra is better than non Dynamiked Solos, as least for me.
Sound wise solos are softer and it´s easy to be seduced by that but after a while the Tundra instead has more slam and boogie factor.

Tundra getting into my system is as big as a major source upgrade. Very impressive.

/Erik
ocoro02

Post by ocoro02 »

Hoping to get mine next week. This'll replace a couple of 4200s Aktiv driving 212s so should be interesting. I've never really got on with the 4200s in Aktiv mode though (somewhat surprisingly I guess) & am currently enjoying one 4200 passive right now and it's holding its own pretty well I think.
Erik

Post by Erik »

It will be very interesting to hear the outcome when you replace the 4200 with a Tundra. I might buy 212s if I find a decent pair.

/Erik
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Tundra

Post by matthias »

Erik wrote:
Tundra getting into my system is as big as a major source upgrade. Very impressive.

/Erik
Erik (and all Tundra reviewers),

it would be lovely to get informations about the set up (source, preamp, speakers).

Thanks
KR
matthias
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Tundra

Post by Charlie1 »

Erik wrote:I compare it with a pair of Solos a friend kindly lent me for three weeks. Tundra is better. It really brings out the sense of the music.
There has been a few discussion about Tundra giving a signature to the sound but if that´s true it is as well valid for the Klimax amps.
Musical wise Tundra is better than non Dynamiked Solos, as least for me.
Sound wise solos are softer and it´s easy to be seduced by that but after a while the Tundra instead has more slam and boogie factor.
Wow, thanks Eric.
Amazing really. Easy decision then.
I will hear Tundra against dynamik'd Solos soon (plus KCT and 4200). Unfortunately, it is not my system so not sure how easy I will find it to judge with other people in the room.
Erik

Post by Erik »

I have listened to music all weekend and for me it´s a marwellous amp. I absolutely respect the not so favorable wievs and the only way is as usual to listen and judge yourself.

/Erik
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

I have heard A212's with the Tundra, it's very good! (Matthias: KDS/1, KK/0/B, KCT/B vs. Tundra, A212/A226, all electronics on Harmonihyllan Tor.) Congratulations to all of you who have bought a Tundra unheard. You are in for treat! Great news Erik, thanks for the reports. Had you heard a Tundra before this weekend?
Nisseman

Post by Nisseman »

So, Fredrik, will you have any demos near Stockholm in the near future?
Nisseman
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Hi Fredrik,

Is a visit to Amsterdam/The Netherlands still in the planning,
and if so, could you say approximately when?
...should I cancel my summer holidays?...;-)
stefan

Post by stefan »

Got my Tundra on friday but had to wait until yesterday before I could convert my speakers to passive mode (5140 with Espek drive units). Previously I used a C6100/D with aktiv boards.
Tundra is clearly musically better. Wereas 6100 have more slam and sort of sonic fireworks, Tundra is more relaxed and focus on the music. Bass is more tuneful, it could get a bit boomy before (a common problem with 5140/Espek). But it has bite when needed. It's hard to stop listening with the Tundra and you want to turn up the volume, much more than the eigth steps I was told differs comparing to Linn poweramps.

My source and control are: ADS/D - LP12/Radikal/Ekos2/Adikt - Slipsik 5.1 - Unidisk SC/D

Thanks Fredrik for an outstanding product with a reasonable price!

/Stefan
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your comments! I am very curious to hear Tundra myself live.
I too have a 6100/d. Only problem is I can't take my Keltiks passive.
So in case the Tundra is as good as it appears, and I would consider going passive again, I will have to source a different speaker, which is not going to be easy.

Coming from my latest spec Keltiks and chakra cards I'll probably end up in the ranges of Ninkas or s/h Majik 140s.
Tough one, especially as I am quite attached to my rosenut Gullivers.
But if Tundra is really that good, I am really in limbo, as with my current setup, I am not even halfway reaching the Keltiks potential, and getting there is an expensive one.

With the Tundra, so far it sounds like it simply brings out the best of about every passive Linn speaker.
Are there any combinations worth mentioning that perform even above expectations?
stefan

Post by stefan »

mrco99 wrote:Hi Stefan,
With the Tundra, so far it sounds like it simply brings out the best of about every passive Linn speaker.
Are there any combinations worth mentioning that perform even above expectations?
Well, I understand that Tundra have been designed using Majik 109 so that must be a good match, I'll try to hear it some day. I am also attached to my speakers which I by now had for more than a decade but the fact remain that 109 musically is better. Afraid I would miss the physical presense in movies that my speakers can give. SC is still a great DVD player. So far I only heard Tundra with 242 and my own speakers.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you very much for all the feedback!
Nisseman wrote:So, Fredrik, will you have any demos near Stockholm in the near future?
Nothing planned, but easy to arrange as I live less than an hour away. If someone is planning to have an evening with music and enthusiasts, I'd be more than happy to visit.
mrco99 wrote:Hi Fredrik,

Is a visit to Amsterdam/The Netherlands still in the planning,
and if so, could you say approximately when?
...should I cancel my summer holidays?...;-)
Yes, I'm coming! I can't say for sure when, but I will keep you informed.
Pol

WHEN

Post by Pol »

when do you think will it be possible to order a tundra from the web site?
rowlandhills
Very active member
Very active member

Post by rowlandhills »

I'm gutted! Had planned to go to a demo of the Tundra next Thursday, but now have to do a day trip to Amsterdam for some meetings. Don't know when I'll have a chance to hear it now... :(
KRDSM, Tundra to 242s
Silvers, K400, Hutter rack
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Hi Rowland,

Sorry to hear that, only comfort I can offer you while staying in Amsterdam is a good glas of single malt and some music on my Keltiks...
rowlandhills
Very active member
Very active member

Post by rowlandhills »

mrco99 wrote:Sorry to hear that, only comfort I can offer you while staying in Amsterdam is a good glas of single malt and some music on my Keltiks...
If I was actually staying, I might well take you up on that, but unfortunately I'm arriving at 9am, leaving at 9pm, and have meetings all day then a dinner with clients, so no free time at all!

Sorry...
KRDSM, Tundra to 242s
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: WHEN

Post by lejonklou »

Pol wrote:when do you think will it be possible to order a tundra from the web site?
Apologies for neglecting the website! At the moment, getting Tundras out to all the retailers and distributors who are interested has priority. Once everyone have received the Tundras they need, I will add the website ordering option. Some pictures and information about Tundra should however be added to the website as soon as possible.

I highly recommend everyone to order through a Lejonklou retailer. They are very skilled and can help you with a lot more than the sale of the unit!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

rowlandhills wrote:I'm gutted! Had planned to go to a demo of the Tundra next Thursday, but now have to do a day trip to Amsterdam for some meetings. Don't know when I'll have a chance to hear it now... :(
I'm really sorry to hear that, rowlandhills. :(
Teemu

Post by Teemu »

About color of Thundra, whether in the future may be obtained with silver finish?
Pol

Re: WHEN

Post by Pol »

lejonklou wrote:
Pol wrote:when do you think will it be possible to order a tundra from the web site?
Apologies for neglecting the website! At the moment, getting Tundras out to all the retailers and distributors who are interested has priority. Once everyone have received the Tundras they need, I will add the website ordering option. Some pictures and information about Tundra should however be added to the website as soon as possible.

I highly recommend everyone to order through a Lejonklou retailer. They are very skilled and can help you with a lot more than the sale of the unit!
Any retailor in france?
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Teemu wrote:About color of Thundra, whether in the future may be obtained with silver finish?
No, it's only available in black.
Pol wrote:Any retailor in france?
Not yet, I'm afraid.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Tomorrow I'm flying to the UK.

Thursday the 26th at noon: Hidden Systems in Hartley Wintney
Friday the 27th at noon: What You See and Hear in Beaconsfield

Looking forward to seeing any potential forum members there!
Last edited by lejonklou on 2012-04-26 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
rowlandhills
Very active member
Very active member

Post by rowlandhills »

Hope you have a great trip. Sorry I'll miss you this time.
KRDSM, Tundra to 242s
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

rowlandhills wrote:Hope you have a great trip. Sorry I'll miss you this time.
Next time, rowlandhills!

Need to visit Cymbiosis too, that might be in June.