Claus

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

clasch66

Post by clasch66 »

Some time since last time ... update of my new setup (see below signature). Should be stable for some time now ... but wait a minute ... Is there already a german Lejonklou Tundra retailer? ;-)

Mostly Scotland and some Sweden
clasch66

Post by clasch66 »

New partner for my ADSM/212, after having played with a C2200/D for some time now, I thought it was time for an upgrade:

Bought it used (Thanks Flatcoat, very nice making business with you!), very nice Amp, nicely built, I like the reduced design and the blue eyes.

Honestly it was not the big "Aha effect" when switching on, it really took me some time to get used to the "new sound" and to really appreciate it.

The Tundra is obviously very sensitive regarding temperature. Its really true, as mentioned elsewhere jou have to allow it some significant time to warm up, or better, don't even switch it off.

Very natural, more of a relaxed type but also more live, hard to explain, meaning not nervous at all, nevertheless very dynamic and great timing. Human voices are phenomenal! Definitely different to my C2200/D to which I am used to, less HiFi, more organic, a new experience. Good job Fredrik!

What confused me a bit in the beginning: Volume 60 on my ADSM is no longer loud at all. Seriously listening to music for me will probably not begin below that, more probably above. Which means the buffer until the announced max level before clipping is not that far away, nevertheless I haven't reached it yet and didn't try out to do so on purpose.

I bought the Tundra without having listened to it before as there is no german retailer, so it was kind of a risk, but it was worth the try. The only thing that could develop to an issue is volume, but let's see how that goes.

Now enjoying it having a day home office today ;-)

Cheers Claus
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Hi Claus!

Thanks for the update! You are right, temperature is a rather sensitive thing with Tundra's . I seldom turn mine off and if I do, i know it takes 20 min until they swing.

I think you're being too cautious when it comes to volume. Crank it up to 78 and stay there! :D
Linntek

Post by Linntek »

lejonklou wrote: I think you're being too cautious when it comes to volume. Crank it up to 78 and stay there! :D
Ohh yeah... these volume numbers... "one louder"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Linntek wrote:Ohh yeah... these volume numbers... "one louder"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc
Ha ha! I just love that pause he does, looking at the amps, when asked why they don't make 10 a bit louder and let them stop there.
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Classic!
Nice set up claus.
Wondering wwhat to change my ninkas for in the future.... Hmmmm.
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.
clasch66

Post by clasch66 »

@ozzy: 212 are nice speakers, but ADS and KDS are nice sources as well ;-)

Cheers Claus
clasch66

Post by clasch66 »

Two weeks now, I love my Tundra!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you Claus!

Great to hear that!