A Keel "Klone"

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

Azazello
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Azazello »

Three more posts deleted.

The moderation of this forum aims to generate a high quality discussion about HiFi, with tune-dem as the common reference - not a "free debate". Any posts that question tune-dem will be deleted, as well as posts that I judge to be condescending or just rude.

Please don't waste your time disputing this.

EDIT: If you have any questions about the moderation, please PM them to me, or use this thread: Forum issues are discussed here

/Az
John
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Analogue Innovations

Post by John »

flatpopely wrote:
Robert Lake wrote:Has anyone listened to the sub-chassis namned Sole from Analogue Innovation?
http://www.analogueinnovation.com/index.htm

Prices are not too high for 80% of what a Keel does.
I'm obviously a competitor to the sole but who claims it's 80% of a Keel?

If it is then I might as well shut up shop.
Andrew,

Revisiting history, you were quite a fan of the earlier generation Sole sub chassis and it appears you ran one with a modified Ittok and Radikal and preferred it to the standard Linn sub chassis. Here's a review where you state the criteria in which you felt the Sole outperformed the Linn.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... ole&page=6

I imagine the above LP12 configuration was your reference deck for some time before getting the idea to design and market your own sub chassis. Were needle drop recordings your primary method for judging changes made during the development of the Rubicon or did you have a second reference LP12 to compare against?
SaltyDog
Very active member
Very active member

Post by SaltyDog »

Fredrick, Your use of an independent moderator must be a hard thing to do at times. Giving up control.....shows how you make good decisions and then rely on them to work for you. I would be tempted to override this particular "conversation" edit. I think you have done the right the thing bringing it back into compliance with the existing guidelines.

I for one am interested in what all parties have to contribute to this subject, so hopefully this thread can continue in a way that meets the goals of the forum.
flatpopely

Re: Analogue Innovations

Post by flatpopely »

JohnR wrote:
John wrote:
flatpopely wrote: I'm obviously a competitor to the sole but who claims it's 80% of a Keel?

If it is then I might as well shut up shop.
Andrew,

Revisiting history, you were quite a fan of the earlier generation Sole sub chassis and it appears you ran one with a modified Ittok and Radikal and preferred it to the standard Linn sub chassis. Here's a review where you state the criteria in which you felt the Sole outperformed the Linn.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... ole&page=6

I imagine the above LP12 configuration was your reference deck for some time before getting the idea to design and market your own sub chassis. Were needle drop recordings your primary method for judging changes made during the development of the Rubicon or did you have a second reference LP12 to compare against?
Indeed John! Nice to somebody with a degree of common decency (and sense) posting on here.

It's simply because Mr P now see's us as a threat - plain and simple, I guess of course he didn't use "tune dem" when he reviewed the Sole Mk IV but allegedly he does now. Of course Mr. P will remove what he's already said positively about the Sole. He's done so with his OP on this thread you link to on pfm so why not again?

Sadly for free speech I guess this post of response will be deleted too though.
Never ran a Sole with the Radikal.
John
Very active member
Very active member

Post by John »

Sure about that? Looks like a Radikal and Sole to me, you posted them.

From this thread:

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... le&page=12[/img]
Azazello
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Azazello »

More posts deleted. Please don't comment on other writers in the thread, just stick to the subject.
flatpopely

Post by flatpopely »

John wrote:Sure about that? Looks like a Radikal and Sole to me, you posted them.

From this thread:

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... le&page=12[/img]
It's my age!
bergui45

Upgrading the LP12 sub chassis...

Post by bergui45 »

Hi every LP12 fanatic!
IN 2007 I bought from Steve Millward a Cetech Sub chassis for my already Cirkused LP12!
Last december 2012 I purchased the Greenstreet Klone and can tell that it is a wonderful piece of artwork that sounds terrific!
As it was the case for the previous Cetech it was easy to setup and have the deck well bouncing!
My Cetech was bolted to the Linn arm board because from my D.I.Y. eyes it was a "non sense" to use the tiny little short Linn screws...
I can assure that the Klone Greenstreet upgrade is a "bang for the bucks" deal that will let everybody "flabbergasted" with your jab on the floor!
;-))
Shelling out about 3000 £ for the Keel is CRAZY and completely unwise!
Look at a complex laptop motherboard that only costs about 300$!
The Keel is ONLY a single piece of aluminium, so take your parachute and go down to earth!
I have an Ekos arm bought secund hand on ebay, sold my Lingo 1 and built my own D.I.Y. Geddon PSU and purchased a Benz Micro Glider Phonocartridge from Expert Stylus at a bargain price in 2008...
I'm very, very happy with my tweaked LP12!
The most improved thing i found with the Klone was far less noise beside music retrieved deep in the groove.
It sounds that sparing a lot of money on a sub chassis may allow spending more money on a high end phonocartridge such as Lyra Skala...
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien"
John
Very active member
Very active member

Post by John »

Interesting that the OP now owns one. Never say never... :-)
vicdiaz

Post by vicdiaz »

John wrote:Interesting that the OP now owns one. Never say never... :-)
Yes, I ended buying one after comparing a similar LP12/Ekos/Akiva/Lingo II with a Keel using the tune method. For me, and my ears, too small a difference to justify the additional expense.

Maybe when I do manage to financially justify it, a Keel and other goodies will be on the list.
Vic
Ivor's "Tune-Method Seminar" Alumni
John
Very active member
Very active member

Post by John »

vicdiaz wrote:
John wrote:Interesting that the OP now owns one. Never say never... :-)
Yes, I ended buying one after comparing a similar LP12/Ekos/Akiva/Lingo II with a Keel using the tune method. For me, and my ears, too small a difference to justify the additional expense.

Maybe when I do manage to financially justify it, a Keel and other goodies will be on the list.
I could never justify the additional expense so my decision was less involved. The 30 day return policy, living in the US, and having the ablity to install it myself made it an easy decision.

You're lucky to have had the opportunity to compare the two directly, in my neck of the woods that would have been impossible.