Spotify and usb dac question

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Spotify and usb dac question

Post by Lego »

I finaly decided to check out music streamer spotify(those Swedish boys do it again) http://www.spotify.com/en/ and must say its very addictive; sound is ok at the 192 ogg whatever but at present you get no emotion in the music listening through my laptop sound card ..can anyone recommend an external soundcard that might help improve musicallity and tunefulness ?Of course I'll be buying the cheapest from maplins first.

Thanks for your time
I know that tune
Broccoli

Post by Broccoli »

I don't know if you have a Linn DS, but it seems that Spotify support is going to work soon. You can drag and drop Spotify songs in the Kinsky Desktop, but the songs don't play yet, at least not for me.
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

Thanks Bro, no I dont have ds but I am now considering it with the view to streaming ..I think there is a way of doing it with ds if you set up your spotify as an internet radio you ds should pick it up..I think I'm going to go for dac sold in russ andrews although I dont like their stuff they are usually accurate with other makes they sell.Do you listen to the 320 stream or the freebie in Spoty?
I know that tune
Broccoli

Post by Broccoli »

Lego wrote:Do you listen to the 320 stream or the freebie in Spoty?
I listen to the free stream with lesser quality. I'm using it via the internet radio bridge that you mention, so the quality is not so good and I rarely use it.

If or when it starts working directly through the Kinsky interface I will consider paying for the higher quality.