Ebay Klimax Kontol...

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

dastrix

Ebay Klimax Kontol...

Post by dastrix »

Anyone bidding, know anything about it or comment on how to repair the scratches/marks on the unit?

is it a fraud?

thanks
kris
poppop

Post by poppop »

Kriis

Id noticed that one His history looks ok. He did seem to avoid the question of serial number and age. Does that maybe indicate its an early one?

If i was after one (which im not) id give it a go with a view to getting the upgrade done? - £1800. So depending on final sale price, you could end up with a hell of a preamp for a bargain price? Given that if you spent the additional £1800,the onus would be on the dealer to ensure that it was up tp spec sound wise.

Good luck if you give it a punt!

Steve
dastrix

Post by dastrix »

poppop wrote:Kriis

Id noticed that one His history looks ok. He did seem to avoid the question of serial number and age. Does that maybe indicate its an early one?

If i was after one (which im not) id give it a go with a view to getting the upgrade done? - £1800. So depending on final sale price, you could end up with a hell of a preamp for a bargain price? Given that if you spent the additional £1800,the onus would be on the dealer to ensure that it was up tp spec sound wise.

Good luck if you give it a punt!

Steve
Thanks Steve, Im still chasing the serial number and his feedback looks ok. Ill watch the auction, it's apparently 2 years old without a box or remote and has some scuff marks on the paint (its clear in the photos)

I would get the upgrade done and the metal casework fixed locally.

I need to find the serial :)
poppop

Post by poppop »

Wow, only 2 years old! In that case and in the present climate if it goes for anywhere around £2500 - £3k its big bargain - even with the damage..

As always, guess it just depends how many are after it. Ill watch with interest!

steve
dastrix

Post by dastrix »

I think it will be too late to determine if its legit, I still dont have the serial number from the seller....

Might be a bit risky. Perhaps best to wait, unless he'll accept paypal..
Azazello
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Azazello »

I'd call him and talk to him. I think KK is one of the most common scam-objects out there and good feedback don't meen anything if it's a hijacked account.
poppop

Post by poppop »

Agree with you both - the joys of ebay!

My latest pre purchase was an ebay item, BUT I was able to meet/pay/collect. I met a great guy and got a terrific bargain. Unfortunately Kris, Im nowhere near Blackpool or Id have offered to do it!

Be interesting to hear his respone to "cash on collection". But as stated there have been one or two hoaxes with KK's!

Steve.
dastrix

Post by dastrix »

Thanks steve, your kind to offer :) Ill let this one go, no reply from the seller re: why he wont accept paypal.

The KK is not worth risking it in this instance!
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

This is just an idea that might be worth considering although its a bit of a long shot. Am I right in thinking that the dealer prices for ex-demo KKs are more than you want to pay? And - are you hoping to upgrade the KK with the new board once you've found one at a good price? If 'yes' to both, then perhaps try to find a dealer with an ex-demo KK1 who would be preparred to upgrade it at cost price, thereby saving you a few hundred dollars/pounds and ensuring that its a 'safe' sale.

I don't know what the cost price is for the new board, but this could be a way to narrow the gap between the dealer prices and what you're preparred to pay. Also, even though the dealer wouldn't make anything on the KK board, it would still count towards their Linn sales target.

PS I think you were right to pass on this one on eBay. Anyone not preparred to give out the serial number must be hiding something!
dastrix

Post by dastrix »

thanks charlie, im not relaly interested in a upgraded KK, certainly not this year. I'm happy just to get a well priced KK firstly and live with that for a while...