Partially active Akubariks

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Wolfie

Partially active Akubariks

Post by Wolfie »

Split from "Tundra Mono"

/Az

anthony wrote:...I find the midrange is their strong point, but think, not yet confirmed, the bass needs to be aktiv.
Anthony - do you know if it's possible to make only the bass aktiv on the passive Akubariks, and run the rest of the 'speaker passive?

Mick
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Post by anthony »

Wolfie wrote:
anthony wrote:...I find the midrange is their strong point, but think, not yet confirmed, the bass needs to be aktiv.
Anthony - do you know if it's possible to make only the bass aktiv on the passive Akubariks, and run the rest of the 'speaker passive?

Mick
Hi Mick

Yes you can. This would require 4 channels of amplifiction in total.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

anthony wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Mick
Hi Mick

I assume this is only possible with Linn amps? (I suppose if you want to buy Klimax Tuneboxes for Akubarik just to go Aktiv bass it could work with Tundras.)
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Post by anthony »

ThomasOK wrote:
anthony wrote:
Wolfie wrote: Anthony - do you know if it's possible to make only the bass aktiv on the passive Akubariks, and run the rest of the 'speaker passive?

Mick
Hi Mick

I assume this is only possible with Linn amps? (I suppose if you want to buy Klimax Tuneboxes for Akubarik just to go Aktiv bass it could work with Tundras.)
The only tunebox available will be exakt, so not really a cheap solution, but yes, and exakt tunebox have xlr outputs.
monkeydevil

Post by monkeydevil »

Does this mean that the Exakt tunebox can output a passive unfiltered signal to the speaker, or am I missing something here?
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

The Aktiv bass setup is designed such that the amplifier feeding the mid bass and 3K Array needs no filtering so can be driven directly from the preamp. The crossover (or the bass amp with internal Chakra crossover cards) can then be feed from the passthrough from the main amp.
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

anthony wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Mick
Hi Mick

Thanks Anthony...