Moderator: Staff

Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

LP12 40th Birthday Party

Post by Charlie1 »

Anyone invited?

It's fancy dress.

There will be some free nibbles (on rotating platters)

Trampoline and silly putty for the kids.

Location unconfirmed, but rumoured to be a big hall in Asgard.

Seriously, anyone heard anything about new upgrade/s to commemorate?
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: LP12 40th Birthday Party

Post by ThomasOK »

Charlie1 wrote:Anyone invited?

It's fancy dress.

There will be some free nibbles (on rotating platters)

Location unconfirmed, but rumoured to be a big hall in Asgard.

Seriously, anyone heard anything about new upgrade/s to commemorate?
Always needling people for information! ;-)

I hear a new Titanium top plate is in the works (after all you need to one-up the Khan). (Anybody wonder why they chose a name that at best evokes "Wrath of" and at worst rhymes with con?)

New plinth that is a composite of carbon fiber, lead and compressed paper. (Hey, I'm trying to get exotic here.)

I also remember reading somewhere about a limited edition Akiva built on the space station to take advantage of zero gravity. Apparently to sell for £6000!

I suppose that should be enough to keep the diehards happy.

Me, I'd love to see an Ittok LV IV for $2500 and a Troika II (or would that be Troika/1) for about $1800. Lets put something really nice in the middle of the line!
Orthobiz

Re: LP12 40th Birthday Party

Post by Orthobiz »

Charlie1 wrote:Anyone invited?

Uh, Trampolin for the kids?

Paul
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Yes, that was my idea of being vaguely amusing.

I was going add circus (i.e. cirkus) clowns too, but thought it just too much for everyone to handle in the same day.
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Don´t know when the party starts, but there´s a cold front coming,
so bring along your skeets as well.

The 25th celebration I sadly missed, so I am all uphorik to be able to attend now!
Orthobiz

Post by Orthobiz »

Cirkus works for me, I can handle it! Lol

Paul
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

mrco99 wrote:Don´t know when the party starts, but there´s a cold front coming,

The 25th celebration I sadly missed, so I am all uphorik to be able to attend now!
You're on fire! :O)
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Post by anthony »

Charlie1 wrote:
mrco99 wrote:Don´t know when the party starts, but there´s a cold front coming,

You're on fire! :O)
Its all a play on the Lingo.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

anthony wrote:Its all a play on the Lingo.
Supex! I was worried about being too much of a boron, but ekos of your thoughtful contribution and grace I decided to try again. Asak of presents on their way to you and, as they say round here, 'A key toe with a Linn toe is a good toe - so long as it's not Japanese'.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

OK! We're talking Skottish here so it won't be a party it will be more Akito a Keilidh! It will certainly feature a Kaber toss as part of the games (the participants will have to be sure they aren't Trampolin on anybody) and there will be a Kairn erected in honor of the karkasses of Sondek CD12s, Ikemis, Genkis and UniDisks to be buried there (alongside the grave of the unknown Keosa and Centrik). There will be so many aktivities you will need an Index to keep track but the Nexus will certainly be revolving around the LP12. Linn hopes to Akiva high level of participation but with all the lifting of kups going on it may be hard to keep things on an even Keel with the Uphorik revelers. There will, Ekos, be Ekwal opportunity for all to get involved (even those from the Kremlin) and you are free to bring your K9 friends but we Asaka that you klean up after them to avoid bad Karma. (It will not be a good place for Katan mouse, however.) This will be a Unik time to Kolektor the family and Knekt with your Hi-Fi friends. I Espek we will hear much Basik Kelitk music played in a very Akurate and Melodik manner (but also some Radikal music with a lot of Klout) such as to demonstrate the true Majik of music. A time kapsule will be put together in a nice machined from solid aluminum Kan with a Numerik locking mechanism to Arkiv kurrent produkts and Gilad will Ninka rekord of the days happenings - this to be opened on the 50th Anniversary. The festivities will all Klimax with the Urika moment: the announcement of the new Konkrete plinth and Kaibash top plate! (These will not Mimik any third party products.) Note that no Pekin will be allowed ahead of time. So I Asak you all to Komri join us at the Cirkus in the Linto where Ivor will be arriving via Troika drawn by Klydesdales. Kudos to those Linn Adikts putting this together, Wakonda more could you ask? I’m sure this Classik event will have Sizmik reperkussions well into the future. Isobarik forever!

In kase anybody thinks the above was easy I have to say Ittok a fair amount of Trikan to get all those names in there. It would have Tukan even longer to Karik it off as I had no help from SARA but I made a list and used the Lingo as best I kould. ;-)
Last edited by ThomasOK on 2012-01-25 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Wow!

That's called a show stopper I think. Very funny too :O)

Well done.

PS Isobarik Obama at the weekend and he's hoping to make it over too. - I thought that worth adding, but it really pales into insignificance.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

What kan I say? Hard to resist such an open opportunity to be kreativ with the lingo in honor of Linn's 40th!

But you did find a better usage for Isobarik than I did! Very nice. ;-)