Slipsik 8

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Slipsik 8

Post by Tony Tune-age »

JoDeKo wrote: 2024-01-27 15:41 To close the loop, I have now ordered a Slipsik and am very excited. ;)
I seriously thought about staying with moving magnet cartridges for awhile, and if I had there's no doubt I would be using the Slipsik 8 phono preamplifier! And it can be used for some high output moving coil cartridges as well.
Tony Tune-age
JoDeKo

Post by JoDeKo »

Yes, as I said, my LP12 has a LINN MC with Urika and Radikal. I have now bought a Thorens turntable with an SME headshell additionally. I "actually" wanted to remain as flexible as possible so that I could try out a few cartridges. However, the Adikt is already playing quite well with an Exposure Pre that I no longer feel like changing it. I'm curious to see how it harmonizes with the Slipsik. If I do want to play a bit, there's still plenty of choice of MMs and High MCs.
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny (Frank Zappa)

Just Listen
JoDeKo

Post by JoDeKo »

Welcome to the family. ;)

LejonSlip8..jpg

Thanks, Fredrik, I'm just starting to listen, but it's already very encouraging
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just Listen
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

JoDeKo wrote: 2024-01-31 20:01 Welcome to the family. ;)

LejonSlip8..jpg

Thanks, Fredrik, I'm just starting to listen, but it's already very encouraging
Enjoy Jo!
Lenco 76/S TJN, Dr. Fuss, Supernait2, CD5X, Slipsik7.1, Millon Phantom, Soundeck, AudioSensibility
JoDeKo

Post by JoDeKo »

Thanks, Arjen!

Just Listen
JensA

Post by JensA »

Just want to say „thank you“, as I am very happy owner of a Slipsik 8 for a couple of months now.
It works great with my LP12 / Adikt

Jens
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Very nice to hear that you’re happy with it, Jens!
Tangram

Post by Tangram »

Greetings from Toronto,

First post. Looks like a good group of guys! After an email exchange with Fredrik, I’ve ordered a Slipsik 8 from my local dealer, which should arrive in a week or two. How I use my Slipsik may interest some of you, as I am pairing it with a high-end SUT (Allnic AUT-2000) and an Etsuru Urushi Cobalt Blue MC cartridge, rather than using it with a MM cartridge. I’ve used the SUT with two other phono preamps previously (Luxman EQ-500 and EAR Yoshino 868pl) and it outperforms the internal SUTs on both by a good margin, especially in dynamics. It will be interesting to see how the Slipsik performs in this application. I still own the other phono preamps so I may do a shoot out (but not until the fall - Canadians cherish their short summers!) but regardless, happy to be part of a community of music lovers who appreciate what Fredrik does.

Dave
Last edited by Tangram on 2024-05-22 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

welcome Dave. Let us know about your experiences with the Slipsik. Enjoy. Arjen
Lenco 76/S TJN, Dr. Fuss, Supernait2, CD5X, Slipsik7.1, Millon Phantom, Soundeck, AudioSensibility
Tangram

Post by Tangram »

Thanks Arjen. High end, dedicated MM phonostages aren’t that common so I’m curious to see how the Slipsik compares with the MM stages of my MM/MC phono preamps. The Luxman is actually an odd duck in today’s market, since there’s more adjustability (impedance and capacitance) for MM cartridges than MC cartridges (only MC High and MC Low settings), a nod (I think) to Japanese tastes. But it’s a complex beast, with lots of “stuff” the signal passes through. I’m a minimalist by nature (the Luxman was purchased when I briefly toyed with adding a second tonearm) but I came to my senses and that thought has passed.