Modular pre-amp / integrated amp

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Broccoli

Modular pre-amp / integrated amp

Post by Broccoli »

An idea when you've produced a source selector you're satisfied with:

With a bigger enclosure you could maybe produce a modular amp where the costumer could choose between e.g. these modules:

* Volume control
* Power amp
* Source selector
* Phono stage
* Software control of volume through Linn GUI / Knekt
* Maybe even Linn aktiv cards, though I guess that's harder to implement.

The costumer could e.g. start with a volume control only and then add other modules later on.

It would be a killer product I think!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thanks Broccoli!

I have noticed that your excellent ideas tend to be of the modular kind. :)

I agree that a totally modular unit would be great and have thought along those lines for quite some time. If it can be made good enough, I will go in that direction. The challenge is that many parameters are in conflict with one another so it's not easy to optimise sound quality for all functions.

And sound quality really comes first (or rather; second, after safety).
Broccoli

Post by Broccoli »

lejonklou wrote: And sound quality really comes first (or rather; second, after safety).
Yes, but what most costumers care about is performance and price, and their relation. By sharing box and power supply, the volume control would maybe be slighter worse than a Kikkin, and the phono amp slightly worse than a Slipsik/Kinki, but together they would nevertheless have outstanding sound quality for the money.

This means you selling lots of these amps and in the end getting very rich. :wink:

Also, I want fewer boxes of course!